Wednesday 5 January 2011

Marie Claire Masthead


Marie Claire is a womens lifestyle magazine. The masthead to the left is the same type face that the magazine uses through all the issues they print, the only thing that is different is the colour. Marie Claire uses a different colour font to go with the rest of the colour scheme throughout the magazine.
Marie Claire has more of a quirky type face to NME. I like the way that they don't use capitals and that the font is very girly, which would be good for my magazine because I want people to notice that it is a very girly magazine.
I think that a magazine should have a particular coluor scheme, so I don't think that changing your colour is particularly a good thing to do for every week. Maybe on special additions of the magazine a colour change of the font would be okay, but doing it every issue means that the magazine doesn't really get a colour linked with their magazine.
This masthead has helped me decide what i want mine to look like, because the font that has been used is the sort of font that I want. Also I would like my magazine masthead to have a pastel or natural colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment